Friday, February 4, 2011

This past week we have progressed further in our inquiry project. We continued to read Kurzweil's The Singularity is Near, which proves to be be ceaselessly interesting as it presents daunting concept after another. We have also begun contacting people to interview. The people we would truly like to speak with are the authors of the books we're reading, but seeing as how this is generally unlikely, we are also attempting to contact people at local institutions who are in the same fields as the our topics of study. As far as I know, we have not successfully coordinated an interview yet, but my hopes are still high of hopefully speaking to a professor or perhaps even an author.

On a more interesting note, Adam, Sam, and I have all been attempting to improve our recollection of our dreams, and attain lucid dreaming states. While each of us seems to be getting close (note when I say close, I do mean we were nearly there, but I am not saying we could easily replicate this, or will certainly attain lucid dreaming anytime soon) in various ways, none of us have been fully successful. I do look forward to continuing our research, reading, and exploration into the dreamworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment