Thursday, November 18, 2010

Applications!

It's hard to believe that several of my applications are nearing completion. It's crazy to essentially see the the fruition of all your work for 12 years just off ahead. I feel like I've almost got my supplements for the UC's done (so thats 4 out of sixteen schools down), and I've also finished the "Find X" supplement for U of Chicago. I've gotta say, thought that essay was gonna be an abysmal struggle, but it ended up being an excellent opportunity for me to give a little insight to who I am. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that theme constant throughout the rest of my essay prompts, supplements or short answer. My next step I suppose would be to finalize my UC Apps before the system crashes, and submit those essays for one of the scholarships Tenesha informed me of, interestingly enough, the prompts are exactly the same, word for word. Beyond that I've just got to keep working on supplements and fill out the few individual seperate applications that are independent of the Common App. All in all its a crazy process, I can't wait to see how it all turns out, so I guess I'm gonna buckle down over break and really put some quality into these essays.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah who said that Thanksgiving Break was going to be a break from work? Balogna! We still have college apps to do. Seniors should get an extra week off school.

    Good to hear you have most of the UC app stuff done. I plan on finishing submitting mine on Tuesday. Thank goodness a lot of schools are in January first right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's kind of fun writing some of the personal statements, isn't it? I guess if it's fun it means you've written a good one. I spent all Sunday night cutting hundreds of words out of my personal statements to get them down to size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which schools are you applying to that aren't on the Common App? Are they public or what? I know Tulane's a separate app, but there are some public schools on it.

    ReplyDelete